Friday, November 1, 2013

Welcome and October Favorites

In an attempt to settle my restless mind, I've decided to give blogging the old college try. I spent a good portion of my free time reading numerous blogs, which you can find here at BlogLovin and catch up with me.

For my first official post, I'm taking it easy with a few of my October Favorites!

1. Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream - $39.00 at Sephora.

I've spent most of this year finding a magical BB cream that works for my skin. I settled with MAC's BB Cream for most of the year, but it still wasn't fulfilling all the dreams I had been told about BB Creams. I found this at Sephora a couple of weeks ago, and so far, I am in Disney Princess love with this. It is just the right color and it's just the happy light/medium combination I was looking for!


2. Subscription Boxes - $10.00 - $39.95 (links below)

I'm late to the game on these, I'm fully aware, but October was the month I made the plunge. After scouring blogs like My Subscription Addiction, I chose three boxes, Birchbox, Ipsy Glam Bag, and Popsugar Must Have Box. I've only received the Birchbox for October so far, but I'm pleased thus far. I was taken off the waitlist for the Ipsy Bag just yesterday after about 3 weeks, so I'm VERY excited for all three boxes for November.

Find out more and sign up for each below:
PopSugar MustHave:http://popsu.gr/ncdK

3. Reign (TV Show) - Thursdays at 9pm EST on The CW

Confession: I love Reign. I have a History Degree, and I shouldn't enjoy this show. I really shouldn't. But for some reason, be it the amazing costumes or stages, or the 'faux history', I can't get enough. Mary, Queen of Scots, never looked so good. Oh, and The Lumineers' "Scotland" is the main theme, and it's the most unexpected wonderful combination ever. Basically, if you are a fan of monarchial politics, arranged marriages and the drama that entails, this is perfect for you. 

4. Rock & Republic Ankle Boots - $43.99 (On Sale) - at Kohl's

In the exhausting search for the perfect fall boot, this is my one of my favorite shoe finds in years. Being on a college graduate budget, I love me a great deal (I saved an extra 20% off the sale price with an email coupon) and these booties are addicting. They amp up every outfit I pair them with, with ease. It's the almost effortless styling of these boots that I love so much. They are also super comfortable and do not look like they are under $100. #SuperSteal

5. LYFE Kitchen Frozen Entreés - $3.49 - $5.00 - Supermarkets 


You'll feel like you order out for lunch every time you heat up one of their meals! And yes, what you see above is actually how the meal looks. These are, in my opinion, one of the healthiest options in the Freezer Section, with the above Chicken Chile Verde meal clocking in at 320 calories, and low sodium. They also pride themselves on perfect presentation every time, once you heat up the meal in a paper bag, it slides out to look like a lovely home-cooked meal. There's 5 entree options at the moment and also breakfast meals. Find LYFE near you: http://grocery.lyfekitchen.com/
Follow my blog with Bloglovin


(Note: This post contains subscription box referral links, however, I purchased all boxes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment