Friday, January 17, 2014

Product Review: Ipsy Glam Bag

Product: Ipsy Monthly Glam Blag - January '#19Reasons'
Price: $10.80 (includes Tax & Shipping, charges first day of month)

Benefit POREfessional - 0.1oz - $4.00
I am a Benefit gal. I LOVE their products, and have been meaning forever to pick up their pore minimizer, so I am over the moon to receive a sample this month. It's magical, and works leagues better than the primer I'm currently using. It's far from greasy and blends well. 

I've used a few of their products and their lip products are wonderful, so getting a full-sized one this month is perfect. This one is a clear balm and will cure any winter lips you may have. The scent is very mild and makes lips super soft. 

Balanced Guru Balm Me Up - 1 oz Travel Size - $12.00
Do exactly as their website says (blend into knees and feet) and you will not be disappointed. It is a sweet cocoa flavor, but mildly and not in the strong chocolate chip scent. It's very hydrating and soothing. 

I can't speak for the cucumber and aloe scent others have been graced with, but the scent for the pomegrante wipes is rancid. I tried out the wipes as well, and I intentionally left some makeup on my face to see what this would take off, and it took off almost nothing. With that and the scent, that made me gag, correction, and hour later still is haunting me. These were the duds of the bag. Avoid. 

This shade is slightly too yellow for me, but it works with my BB cream to blend it with my tone. I was surprised to find out that the size in the Ipsy bags is actually full size. Kind of surprising, but coverage is light to medium, and not too greasy. 

Overall, I came up with a total value of $42.48, which is a steal for the $10.80/month price. This, even with the horrible wipes, is possibly my favorite bag yet, and I liked the change from a makeup-heavy to a skincare bag. Every few months is okay to mix it up. 










No comments:

Post a Comment